The Be Nice Campaign is a unique organization that offers acts of kindness to those who request assistance. When possible, we try to match those who request with individuals or organizations who can offer the particular assistance or kindness requested. Presently, we only assist in offering acts of kindness that are $200 or less in value. However, if we receive funding we hope to increase our maximum amount. In limited circumstances we may undertake a crowd funding campaign to assist individuals who request larger acts of kindness in emergency or severe situations (i.e. pending eviction, uninsured medical procedure, emergency travel).
Things we do:
- Assist in paying emergency utility bills where service termination is imminent (up to $150)
- Offer micro-grants in amounts of $100 and $50 to compelling applicants.
- Offer gift cards to Wal-Mart for purchasing necessities.
- Sending food to people who are hungry.
- Offer temporary supplies of pet food for those who need it for their dog or cat.
- Offer services to match applicants with organizations or individuals who can help them with their issues (i.e. assist matching with a lawyer, potential employer, state and private social services programs, etc.
- Sending items from Amazon wishlists to those in need.
- Sending books to incarcerated.
- Share kindness and inspirational content with our community.
If you are in need of assistance, please email us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org and we can post your request anonymously. You can also send us a message on Facebook by visiting us at Facebook.com/benice
In September 2014, we plan to host a large fundraiser with a one hour free open bar at a SoHo private club. Up to 100 people will be invited. If you live in the New York City area and are interested in helping to support the Be Nice Campaign and spread the news about us, please email us at email@example.com.